Verminatos (グサノロス, Gusanorosu) is a Snake Wyvern.
Verminatos is a bright red Snake Wyvern with a tube-shaped, segmented body. The head consists of a black armored beak with a wide upper jaw and a thinner lower jaw. Inside its mouth is a long, powerful, prehensile tongue. Atop the head is a large Y-shaped horn. It possesses short, clawed, paddle-like limbs. The creature lacks actual eyes but sport yellow and black eyespots on its head and along its back.
Verminatos are capable of spewing a yellow acid that corrodes anything it comes into contact with. The horn on its head produces a foul, repulsive stench that serves to repel predators. They use their beak-like mouths and limbs to push aside dirt and sand whilst digging. Its tongue is used to grab smaller prey items and drag it back down the creature's gullet.
Verminatos are ravenous, notorious scavengers that will pick rotting flesh off carcasses and reduce them to skeletons. They sometimes hunt for live prey, and when they do, they are indiscriminate eaters that will kill and devour anything they can kill. They are surprisingly intelligent and curious.
Verminatos inhabit moist, temperate areas like the Flooded Forest, Primal Forest, Sunken Hollow, and the Swamp. They can be found in more arid environments like the Desert, Dunes, and Sandy Plains.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Subterranean Death Worm Verminatos
Main Article: Subterranean Death Worm Verminatos
A Deviant of Verminatos.
|no icon, r.i.p||Strange Snake Wyverns that travel by burrowing underground. They are completely blind, so they rely on their hearing to get around. Equipped with an acid spit, a powerful prehensile tongue, and a putrid odor emitting appendage, these intelligent creatures are something to behold.|
- Order: Snake Wyvern
- Suborder: Vermiform Wyvern
- Family: Worm Wyvern
- Species: Verminatos
Verminatos is a member of the Snake Wyvern class. Its unique adaptations separate it from other Snake Wyverns. It has a Deviant known as Subterranean Death Worm Verminatos.
Verminatos can inhabit moist, temperate areas to dry, arid environments. These habitats include the Flooded Forest, Desert, Dunes, Primal Forest, Sandy Plains, Sunken Hollow, and the Swamp.
Verminatos have secured a high place in the food chain. They are primarily scavengers and feed upon carrion and can even eat bone. They sometimes hunt and eat live prey; common prey items include Slagtoth, Mosswine, Rhenoplos, and Apceros. However, there are predators that could potentially kill a Verminatos. These include Rathian, Tigrex, Khezu, Sand Barioth, Gore Magala, Deviljho, Rajang, and Elder Dragons. However, with its capabilities and aggression, these monsters would think twice about confronting a Verminatos.
Verminatos can spit a highly acidic fluid that corrodes anything it comes into contact with. This acid is made from digestive juices. Upon its head is a fleshy, Y-shaped horn known as an osmeterium that produces a rancid stench that drives off threats. Its armored beak contains a powerful tongue that it uses to pull in food. Its uses its beak and claws to move aside dirt and sand whilst digging. Verminatos are hermaphrodites — each individual carries both male and female sex organs. Their skeletons are said to be made out of cartilage. Verminatos are capable of regenerating lost segments.
Verminatos are intelligent and curious creatures, and at the same time are highly aggressive. Verminatos mate during night time.
- Verminatios is based off the Mongolian death worm and real life worms. It is also partially inspired by Graboids from the Tremors franchise.
- When burrowing underground, throwing a Sonic Bomb will cause Verminatos to pop out of the ground and act as if it were caught in a pitfall trap.
- This will not work if its in Rage mode.
- Its english name "Verminatos" is a combination of vermis, Latin for worm, and thánatos, the Greek word for death. Its Japanese name is derived from the Spanish word for worm, gusano.
- When in Rage Mode, Verminatos's horn will extend and it will be able to produce a gas that inflicts the Soiled status.
- When exhausted, Verminatos will fail to spit acid or utilize its horn.
- It will eat from a carcass to regain stamina.
- Its beak, tongue, and hind limbs can be broken.
- Verminatos's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.