Tsunami Voluron are larger than normal Voluron. They have similar body structure, but Tsunami Voluron are more muscular, because of having a higher metabolism causing them to hunt more often. T. Voluron's spikes are larger, are covered in moss and covered in ridges which catch rain and water to transport it through the spikes into the water sacs in T. Voluron's back. The top of the body of a T. Voluron is instead a dark green and the bottom of the body is a brown-tinted yellow. The frills of T. Voluron glow a dark purple instead of red. The claws are larger, more developed and are instead purple, because of T. Voluron often covering them in poison. The eyes of T. Voluron are a blue instead of dark green.
Tsunami Voluron are more aggressive than normal Voluron. They actively try to hunt other monsters, but will still go for something they can swallow whole if they can find it.
Tsunami Voluron are far more tropical than the normal Voluron and can be found in a wide-range of forests and tropical areas.
- Location: Misty Peaks
- Synopsis: As the hunter enters Area 6 they notice a dead Purple Ludroth in the middle of the area. The hunter goes to inspect the corpse and notices large bite mark and claw marks on the Ludroth. They hear a loud deep growl and loud footsteps. They notice how a large monster comes walking out of Area 8 into Area 6 through the waterfall. They notice it is the Tsunami Voluron they have been contracted to hunt as it shoots a large poison ball at them. The hunter dodges out of the way and the hunt begins.
Tsunami Voluron have the same body shape as normal Voluron allowing them to move in the same way, but thanks to being larger and more muscular they can move faster and will hit harder.
While Voluron use electricity, Tsunami Voluron use water to hunt their prey and a poison they have developed from eating Purple Ludroths, Rathians and poisonous tropical plants. They can even combine these together to create a poisonous water which is very dangerous. But just like normal Voluron, T. Voluron will need to recharge their elemental power which they do by travelling through any body of water or by sitting under a waterfall.
Rage and Tired States
- Rage State: T. Voluron will start to drool poison and will start to use the poisonous water attacks, which can cause Severe Waterblight and Noxious Poison.
- Tired State: T. Voluron will start to drool normally and the top and bottom will become a lighter color.
Frenzy, Apex and Hyper
T. Voluron can be affected by the Frenzy Virus and there have been sightings of Apex T. Voluron. Hyper T. Voluron have also been spotted.
When Frenzied, T. Voluron will get the usual color change of being Frenzied and it will not need to refill water as often. Apex T. Voluron will need to recharge even less and will even be able to use their elemental attacks during charging. Hyper T. Voluron will need to charge about the same time as Apex T. Voluron, but they can always use the poisonous water attacks.
Tsunami Voluron have the same mount as normal Voluron and thus Lagiacrus.
|A subspecies of Voluron with beautiful shiny dark green scales. It's ability to be able to mix water and poison to create poisonous water is not known in any other monster discovered.|
- Order: Leviathan
- Suborder: Sea Wyvern
- Infraorder: Ancient Shell Wyvern
- Family: Voluron
T. Voluron are even larger than normal Voluron truly making them some of the largest Leviathans around, even outsizing Abyssal Lagiacrus in terms of size. Because T. Voluron are a Subspecies of normal Voluron there still doesn't seem to be much connection between other Leviathan's, besides Lagiacrus and it's subspecies.
Tsunami Voluron are found in a less large variety of habitats, but they are found in more habitats than their normal brethren. They hunt a lot more on land but they are still capable of hunting in the water. They have been found in the Old Jungle, Jungle, Deserted Island, Flooded Forest, Misty Peaks, Primal Forest, Jurassic Frontier, Sherin Peaks and the Spotted Coast.
Tsunami Voluron are pretty much always at the top of the food chain, because of their enormous size, their poison and their powerful water powers. While Tsunami Voluron will still feed on monsters they can swallow whole, they more often will actually try to hunt larger prey like Purple Ludroth and Rathian. While Tsunami Voluron has a lot of competitors, like Zinogre, Rathalos and Lagiacrus, they will often try to stay away from this titanic Leviathan.
Tsunami Voluron doesn't have many predators as even Deviljho will sometimes not try to approach, but when it does, it will be a brutal battle to the death with more often than not the Deviljho winning these battles. The only things that can hunt a Tsunami Voluron safely are powerful Deviants and Elder Dragons.
Tsunami Voluron are very large, dark green Leviathans adapted to hunting and living in and around water, like the normal Voluron. The spikes on the back of Tsunami Voluron are larger than the ones on the back of normal Voluron. The spikes are covered in ridges and moss which guide the water into the holes in the spikes which can be closed if the Tsunami Voluron has gathered enough water. The water gathers into the water sacs in the back of the Tsunami Voluron and some of the water gets transported to the poison sacs connected to the water sacs, where the water is mixed with poisonous plants to create the poison. The claws are larger and more developed than on Voluron, which allows it to hold onto prey easier and at the same time spread the poison through it's claws. T. Voluron can also use the poison through it's jaws.
Tsunami Voluron are very large, aggressive Leviathans which will attack even when not provoked. Tsunami Voluron will use their water to disable their prey, then kill their prey with their poison and then consume it. Sometimes they will just straight-up kill their prey immediately with the poison without trying to disable them.
- Roar: T. Voluron roars in the same manner as Voluron only it's deeper.
- Claw Swipe: T. Voluron will swipe at you with either claw, which can cause Bleed.
- Tail Swipe: T. Voluron will swipe at you with it's tail, which can cause Stun.
- Bite: T. Voluron tries to bite you which can cause Bleed.
- Lunge: T. Voluron tries to throw itself at you which can cause Stun.
- Roll: T. Voluron tries to roll over you which can cause Stun.
- Water Bite: T. Voluron fills part of it's mouth with water and tries to bite you. This will only cause Waterblight of you're in the AoE, but it can cause Waterblight and Bleeding if you get hit directly.
- Water Ball: T. Voluron shoots a large water ball at you which can cause Waterblight.
- Poison Claw Swipe: T. Voluron will cover it's claws in poison and swipe at you with either claw. This can cause Poison and Bleed.
- Poison Bite: T. Voluron will cover it's jaws with poison and will try to bite you. This can only cause Poison and Bleed if you get hit directly.
- Poison Ball: T. Voluron shoots a large poison ball at you which can cause Poison.
Note: When enraged T. Voluron has all the same moves as when it's not enraged, but it does them faster.
- Roar: When enraged T. Voluron's roar will cause damage.
- Swallow: This is T. Voluron's hold and it will try to swallow you whole.
- Water Ball Rush: T. Voluron will rush at you shooting Water Balls allover the place, similar to Royal Ludroth's move, which can cause Waterblight.
- Giant Water Ball: T. Voluron shoots a giant Water Ball at you, which can cause Severe Waterblight.
- Poison Ball Rush: T. Voluron will rush at you shooting Poison Balls allover the place, similar to Royal Ludroth's move, which can cause Poison.
- Giant Poison Ball: T. Voluron shoots a giant Poison Ball at you, which can cause Noxious Poison.
- Poison Water Ball: T. Voluron mixes the water and poison together and shoots a large poisonous water ball at you, which can cause Severe Waterblight and Noxious Poison.
- Poison Water Beam: T. Voluron charges the water and poison mix and shoots a large poisonous water beam at you, which can cause Severe Waterblight and Noxious Poison.
- Belly Flop: T. Voluron tries to crush you with it's weight, which can cause Stun and will cause Tremors.
- Claw Slam: T. Voluron tries to slam either claw down onto you, which can Stun and will cause Tremors.
- Tail Slam: T. Voluron tries to slam it's tail down onto you, which can cause Stun and will cause Tremors.
- Slide: T. Voluron tries to slide into you just like Lagiacrus which can send you flying
- Triple Slide: T. Voluron tries to slide into you once after which it will turn and slide into you again and it will finally do it a third time which can send you flying and cause Stun once you land.
- Water Belly Flop: T. Voluron tries to crush you with it's weight while at the same time using it's water, which can cause Stun, Severe Waterblight and will cause Tremors.
- Poison Claw Slam: T. Voluron will cover either claw in poison and will try to slam you with it, which can cause Stun, Noxious Poison and will cause Tremors.
- Triple Tail Slam: T. Voluron will try to slam it's tail down onto you twice before jumping up and slamming a third time. This can cause Stun and will cause Tremors.
- Giant Poison Water Ball: T. Voluron will shoot a giant poisonous water ball at you, which can cause Severe Waterblight and Noxious Poison.
- Poison Water Bite: T. Voluron will use the poison water in it's mouth and will try to bite you, which can cause Severe Waterblight and Noxious Poison if you're only close to it, but will also cause Bleeding if you get hit directly.
- Head(1): Head will have scars on it.
- Head(2): Head will have more scars and some of the spikes on the head will be broken.
- Front Claws: Front Claws will be broken.
- Rear Claws: Rear Claws will be broken.
- Back(1): Spikes on the back will be broken, causing weaker water attacks.
- Back(2): Spikes on the back will be more broken and some scales on back will be broken.
- Tail(1): Tail spikes will be broken and tail will have scars.
- Tail(2): Tail will be cut off.
Note: All of Tsunami Voluron's weapons are upgrades from Voluron's weapons.
Skills: Negate Bleeding, Speed Eating +1, Negate Poison, Water Atk +2, Water Res +15, Thunder Res -20, Guard -1
Skills: Negate Bleeding, Negate Poison, Speed Eating +1, Water Res +15, Ammo Saver, Thunder Res -20, Recoil Down -2