Titanophis (チタノフィス, Chitanofisu) is a Snake Wyvern.
Titanophis is a large, white Snake Wyvern with a snake-like face and a cream-colored striated underbelly. Titanophis's eyes are a ruby red color. Its backside is speckled with blue-gray spots. Its has a pair of large clawed forearms like Dalamadur, while the hind limbs are smaller in comparison.
Titanophis can produce a bright flash of light from its eyes to blind and Stun hunters, much like Gypceros. It also contains a powerful poison in its fangs.
Titanophis are solitary creatures, and do not interact with other individuals unless they want to mate. They are nocturnal, but they may bask during the day when night-time temperatures are too low. These Snake Wyverns are semiarboreal, so young Titanophis may climb into trees and shrubs to forage; however, they become mostly terrestrial as they become older and heavier.
Titanophis is seen within a large variety of environments such as the Everwood, Flooded Forest, Forest and Hills, Great Forest, Jungle, Sunken Hollow, Swamp, and the Primal Forest.
- Titanophis's name is derived from Titanoboa and Gigantophis; both are large prehistoric snakes. Gigantophis, at 33 ft long, was regarded as the largest snake ever until the discovery of Titanoboa in 2002, which measures about 49 ft in length.
- Titanophis is slightly based off the gorgon, creatures in Greek mythology that had hair made of living, venomous snakes, as well as a horrifying visage that turned those who beheld them to stone.
- Titanophis's head, forelimbs, and tail can be broken.
- In Rage Mode, the spots on Titanophis's back turn red like its eyes.
- When fatigued, its eyes and the spots on its back will turn a navy blue and will be unable to blind hunters.
- To regain stamina, it will prey on Aptonoth, Bullfango, Kelbi, Mosswine, or Slagtoth.
- Titanophis's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- It can become infected by the Frenzy Virus