Terragaea (テラガイア, Teragaia) is a Leviathan.
Terragaea has a long, segmented body. Each segment has a jagged, beige pattern. The segments are separated by an orange border around each one. A row of thin, brown spikes run down its spine. Brown spikes form a mane around its head and brown fur grows from its chin, forming a beard.
Terragaea has the ability to manipulate the earth beneath it. It can cause severe earthquakes, summon and launch sharp rocks at targets, and breath sand from its mouth. Its strongest attack consists of gathering rocks in its mouth to create a huge boulder and launch it at targets. This attack is dubbed the Rock Cannon.
Terragaea is a powerful monster with a violent, destructive nature. Its constant ground manipulation often changes the area around it, so maps are constantly rewritten if a Terragea is present. It lives in igloo-like dwellings made from rocks.
Terragaea only lives in mountainous, rocky areas such as the Gorge, Heaven's Mount, Highlands, Misty Peaks, and on some occasions, the Snowy Mountains.
- Terragaea is based off Chinese dragon dance figures and the Chinese element of earth.
- Its name is a combination of terra (Latin for earth) and Gaia (Greek personification of the earth).
- The name of its signature move, Rock Cannon, is a reference to the Pokémon move Rock Wrecker, which is known as Rock Cannon in Japanese.
- Terra Pearl, its rare item, refers to the usual depiction of a Chinese dragon holding a pearl in its claws. The pearl is said to represent spiritual energy, wisdom, prosperity, power, immortality, thunder, or the moon.
- Terragaea's head, front claws, and back can be broken. Its tail can be severed.
- When on Rage Mode, Terragaea will huff sandy smoke from its mouth.
- If fatigued, it will fail to breath sand and shoot rocks.
- It will prey on herbivores to regain stamina.
- Terragaea's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.