Sandtrap Nibelsnarf (砂地獄ハプルボッカ, Suna Jigoku Hapurubokka) are Deviants of Nibelsnarf.
When hiding underground with only their back showing, they appear no different from a normal Nibelsnarf. However, once they emerge from the sand, the physical differences begin to show. Their head has gained a red tinge, their gills are now dark yellow, and their bright blue bellies have become teal. Their legs have become thick with muscle and their claws have grown sharper. When they open their massive mouths, there are two teeth on its upper jaw that are noticeably larger than the rest of its teeth.
These Nibelsnarf Deviants have developed an interesting hunting strategy; they dig large pits in order to trap prey. When the pit is completed, the Leviathan settles down at the bottom, buried in the sand with only its eyes peering through the surface. They have also gained the ability to cause a sandy explosion and can shoot large balls of sand at its targets.
|With a mouth capable of devouring the entire desert, the gaping maw of this Nibelsnarf is the last thing Hunters see. The holes they dig are nigh inescapable. Requires a special permission to hunt.|
- Order: Leviathan
- Suborder: Bottom Feet Wyvern
- Infraorder: Latent Mouth Wyvern
- Family: Nibelsnarf
Sandtrap Nibelsnarf is a Deviant of Nibelsnarf.
Within the Old World, Sandtrap Nibelsnarf have been sighted in the Desert and Dunes. In the New World they have been seen in the Sandy Plains.
Niblesnarf eat anything that they can fit into their mouth, much like Gobul. They mainly feed on Rhenoplos and Delex. High on the food chain, only top predators like the Deviljho, Tigrex, Sand Barioth, and Rathian dare to attack it. It will may also compete with the Tigerstripe Zamtrios and Cephadrome for food, as they occupy the same niche. Nibelsnarf are likely to avoid large dangerous herbivores such as Monoblos, Diablos, and Rust Duramboros.
Sandtrap Nibelsnarf have many of the same adaptions as Nibelsnarf, however, there is a few differences between them. They have developed an interesting hunting strategy; they dig large pit approximately 10 ft deep and 7.5 ft wide at the edge. When the pit is completed, the Leviathan settles down at the bottom, buried in the sand with only its eyes peering through the surface. It is said that this unique hunting strategy is what led to the changes in their appearance and is what led to their name, Sandtrap. They have also gained the ability to cause a sandy explosion and can shoot large balls of sand at its targets.
Sandtrap Niblesnarf are gluttons that will attempt to eat anything.
- Its forelegs, gills and uvula can be broken.
- Its gills are extended outwards when it is low on stamina, making them easier to attack.
- Breaking the forelegs will make Sandtrap Nibelsnarf fall and give an opportunity for hunters to attack it.
- Like normal Nibelsnarf, Sandtrap Nibelsnarf will eat any Large Barrel Bombs placed on the ground. However, it will occasionally throw the barrel bomb back at the hunter who placed it instead of just eating it.
- It also able to connect its charge attack with some other attacks such as a sand tunnel and a spin attack.
- When Sandtrap Nibelsnarf is underground and produces a series of sand geysers, it will initiate its sand pit attack. This can be identified by the ground shaking beneath the targeted hunter, causing them to experience a quake effect.
- When performing its turning Wind Tunnel attack, Sandtrap Nibelsnarf will turn a full 360 degrees during rage mode as opposed to 180 degrees.
- Sandtrap Nibelsnarf's roar requires Earplugs to block.