Ryatroxos (Ree-Uh-Trock-Os) is an extremely powerful ED-level Fanged Wyvern that first appears in Monster Hunter: Evolution.
Ryatroxos is a large and powerful, quadrupedal Fanged Wyvern characterized by their crests, tusked lower jaws and well developed forelegs and hindlegs. Its thick hide is littered with hard boney osteoderms and shells as well as long acid filled scutes along its back and tail which provide Ryatroxos with protection. Ryatroxos has a narrow and notched upper jaw filled with rows of razor sharp teeth and fangs. Like some snakes it has the ability to make its lower jaw wider to aid in swallowing large chunks of meat. It has four powerful legs with large claws like most other Fanged Wyverns, but it is able to use its forelegs as arms unlike other fanged wyverns. All of its four limbs have three walking digits with thick and powerful talons and pseudo thumbs to help grip objects and aid in bearing weight. Ryatroxos tail is very long and is adorned with powerful stinger like tail club filled with a highly concentrated form of its corrosive venom.
When not engaged in battle Ryatroxos can be seen wandering its territory in search of intruders, if it catches a scent or sight of an intruder, be it hunter or rival monster, it will proceed to attack its foe. Ryatroxos are relentless and aggressive predators. Ryatroxos are super-predators and are able to take the territory of other monsters with ease but unlike other powerful Monsters like Deviljho, Ryatroxos is not nomadic and tends to stick in an territory as long as it can. Ryatroxos is known to have 2 enraged states one state of minor rage where its spikes overproduce the acidic toxin causing it to leek acidic gas and a pure rage state where Ryatroxos normally dormant fire sack activates causing flames to surge across its body.
Placement In Food Chain
Ryatroxos is a large and powerful apex predator that is easily able to assert itself as top predator in practically all the environments it inhabits.
Behavior Towards Other Monsters
Ryatroxos are highly territorial predators and are known to actively hunt and kill other predatory species that trespass on its territory whether they are large or small. Herbivorous creatures are normally left alone unless they are territorial or if the Ryatroxos is hungry.
Ryatroxos are known to commonly leave footprints and is also known to mark its territory with its corrosive venom and scars left on the terrain with its jagged spines.
Specific Locale Interactions
Ryatroxos doesn't have any locale specific interactions.
When hunting prey of small size (Kelbi, Kestodon, Jagras, Velociprey, Raphinos, etc) Ryatroxos will swallow the creature whole leaving no trace or evidence that it was ever there. This action will replenish a Ryatroxos and cause it to exit a tired state if it is in one.
When encountering a severely weakened or limping monster, Ryatroxos will perform a special turf war. During this special turf war, Ryatroxos is capable of killing another large monster including some minor elder dragons while performing a unique animation based on the monsters stance and classification. A monsters star level doesn't effect the outcome of this special turf war and this special behavior does not include extremely titanic monsters or monsters of immeasurable power levels such as black dragons for obvious reasons. Ryatroxos is unable to use this special turf war on quest related monsters regardless of their health levels, but is still able to preform normal attacks and turf wars on them.
- Location: Wildspire Waste, Day
- Synopsis: The Hunter has just entered the area and walks towards the edge of the cliff looking down on a small herd of seemingly distressed Apceros, the hunter is perplexed by what could be causing the armored and normally aggressive herbivores to panicking in such a manner. The hunter then realizes all the Apceros have focused their attention slightly above his/her general direction, the hunter then hears a deep growl and slowly looks back and up. The hunter freezes as they see a massive Fanged Wyvern perched just on the ledge above them, the titanic Fanged Wyvern lets out a deafening roar and leaps towards the Apceros herd and unknowingly towards the hunter. The hunter quickly jumps out of the way as the large Fanged Wyvern crashes into the ground and causes the Apceros herd to flee in terror. The Fanged Wyvern quickly resumes chase of the herd but is stopped by the bull of the herd who attempts to deter the Fanged Wyvern. The Fanged Wyvern quickly attacks the bull Apceros with its jaws only for its teeth to slide off its thick shell. The Apceros bull quickly retaliates with a blow from its tail to the Fanged Wyverns head, which did little but annoy the beast. The view returns to the hunter still lying on the ground watching the Fanged Wyvern effortlessly flip the Apceros bull over and deliver a lethal bite to its head and neck. The wyvern begins to feed as the hunter starts to rise and accidentally step on a dry branch alerting their presence to the large monster. The Beast slowly lifts its head and smells the air and then suddenly turns toward the hunter. The hunter prepares to defend themselves and the Monster growls, the hunt begins.
As a quadrupedal Fanged Wyvern, its arms have evolved into forelegs, which allow it to move at great speeds with excellent mobility. Though its forelegs are developed to bear its weight it still has strong enough digits and claws to use as weapons. Ryatroxos hindlimbs are strong enough to bear all the weight of its body for limited periods of time allowing it to stand on them without the support of its stronger forelegs. Ryatroxos has a powerful set of jaws that are filled with razor edged teeth and corrosive venom producing organs. As well as heat producing organs that can ignite the acidic toxin to create striking green flames when enraged.
Rage and Tired States
- Rage state: When enraged the back or Ryatroxos ignites into flames as its fire sack combusts its corrosive venom. Ryatroxos will move faster and deal much higher damage when in this state.
- Tired state: When tired Ryatroxos will begin to droll acidic saliva and will fail at using its ranged projectile attacks.
Frenzy, Apex, Hyper and Tempered
Ryatroxos can be infected with the Frenzy Virus and become Frenzied. Apex Ryatroxos are rare but are known to exist. There have also been reports of Hyper and Tempered individuals or Ryatroxos.
Ryatroxos are immensely powerful monsters and as such Frenzied Ryatroxos are also nothing to scuff at. Frenzied Ryatroxos has the usual changes frenzied monsters have.
Hyper Ryatroxos is an even more powerful threat than a frenzied Ryatroxos. It has the usual changes that hyper monsters posses.
Apex Ryatroxos are literal destructive forces of nature rivaling even high tier Elder Dragons. They posses the usual Apex monster traits.
Tempered Ryatroxos are a threat lv 2 tempered monster similar to Deviljho and has the typical traits associated with tempered monsters.
Ryatroxos is mounted on its back, at the base of its neck. The hunter will strike the neck of the fanged wyvern as it violently flails about in its attempt to shake the hunter off. If the hunter fails the mount the Ryatroxos will rear up on its back legs and fall onto its back crushing them, dealing high damage
In Game Information
|Ryatroxos is a large and powerful Fanged Wyvern known for their theropod like features, armored scaly hide, strong jaws and corrosive venom. Among some of the largest Fanged Wyverns found thus far and with a temperament and ferocity to rival a Rajang, the guild originally had them classified as elder dragons until more specimens were studied.|
- Order: Pseudosuchian
- Suborder: Beast Foot Wyverns
- Infraorder: Theropod Fang Wyvern
- Superfamily: Death Jaw Wyverns
- Family: Ryatroxos
Ryatroxos is a uniquely evolved member of the Fanged Wyvern classification which includes monsters like Zinogre and Odogaron, but seems to have some traits more in common with Brute Wyverns.
Ryatroxos is a highly adaptable monster and is known to inhabit most of the areas in the new world. Because of its highly territorial nature, Ryatroxos are difficult to observe but most specimens have been spotted in warm and tropical areas such as swamps, jungles and deserts and some have even been know to inhabit volcanic areas but is it assumed they can live in most other areas as well.
Ryatroxos is an incredibly powerful apex predator that is high on the food chain. Ryatroxos can easily prey on monsters such as Aptonoth, Larinoth, Bulldrome, Velocidrome and even other large monsters such as Yian Kut Ku and Congalala. Ryatroxos are also some of the few natural predators of the gargantuan Validoth. Despite being an apex predator, Ryatroxos has to compete with other large predatory monsters. Monsters like Zinogre, Tigrex, Rathalos and Rathian are potential threats to young or sick Ryatroxos. And despite having many predators to deal with Ryatroxos are quite deadly themselves with their corrosive venom and brute strength making them more than a match for such competition. Ryatroxos and Rajang are known to compete for some of the same rare resources which makes the two creatures fierce ecological rivals.
Ryatroxos has very powerful jaws that can puncture most armor found on other monsters. Another unique feature Ryatroxos posses are its well developed for limbs that even have a pseudo-thumb and large thick claws used for grappling and wrestling other monsters to the ground. Ryatroxos also posses a unique venom that is highly toxic and corrosive, this venom is used to weaken and soften up its prey when it bites allowing for chunks to be easier to rip off and swallow. Ryatroxos can also use its acidic venom for self defense and can spit it as a projectile that explodes on contact or be left to detonate, stream or even a mist. Despite its large size it is quite agile and can move at high speeds and even jump and pounce onto prey.
Ryatroxos are relentless, aggressive predators with surprising skills in battle. These skills have made hunters consider them to be one of the most intelligent and powerful Fanged Wyverns. Their territories are marked with singe marks from their corrosive venom. These monsters are mainly active during the day thus making them diurnal. While adults Ryatroxos live a mostly solitary life, the young hatch lings are known to wonder away from the mothers nest in gangs to hunt on their own from time to time.
Roar - Ryatroxos lifts its head up and lets out an ear shattering guttural roar, that can damage and even knock back hunters that are standing close enough to it.
Bite - Ryatroxos will bite towards its foes dealing moderate damage to any hunters caught in its powerful jaws path.
Dual Bite - Similar to a normal bite but done twice.
Head Swipe - Ryatroxos will swing its head towards foes dealing moderate damage and can send hunters flying.
Foreclaw Swipe - Ryatroxos will temporarily gain a bipedal stance and slowly walk towards the nearest hunter and maul them with is powerful forelimbs each dealing moderate amounts of damage per swipe and a high chance to inflict the bleeding status ailment. A hunter can easily bed carted if caught off guard by this attack.
Claw Swipe - Ryatroxos will swipe towards a foe with its powerful forelimb dealing moderate amounts of damage and knocking them back.
Pounce - Ryatroxos will growl and take a few short steps back before jumping towards a single target in an attempt to pounce them. If hit this attack will deal large amounts of damage and can cause tremors.
Corrosive Pounce - Similar to a normal pounce but with an added corrosion explosion. Inflicts corrosion.
Forelimb Stomp - Ryatroxos will rear up on its hind limbs and quickly stomp down with its forelimbs causing high damage to any caught off guard by this attack.
Corrosive Forelimb Stomp - Similar to the normal forelimb stomp but also inflicts corrosion.
Tail Swipe - Ryatroxos will spin in a circle in an attempt to smack any hunters with its powerful tail.
Gnaw - Ryatroxos will lunge at a hunter with its jaws agape, failure to avoid or block this attack will cause the hunter to be picked up in the monsters jaws and chewed on causing the bleeding status effect and will be tossed towards the ground dealing moderate damage.
Corrosive Projectile - Ryatroxos will fire a single corrosive projectile at a target, failure to avoid the projectile will cause the hunter to take high damage and become afflicted with the corrosion status. The area of impact will have a corrosive mist that lingers for about a minute, coming into contact with the acid mist will deal a low but constant amount damage and inflict the corrosion status. Blocking the projectile will negate the damage but still cause the hunter to gain the corrosion status.
Multi Corrosive Projectile - Similar to the normal corrosive projectile attack but Ryatroxos fires three projectiles rather than just one.
Acid Volley - Ryatroxos will raise its tail and shake it from side to side before violently flinging a small volley of corrosive projectiles. These projectiles deal low damage but cover a large area and can be extremely difficult to evade, being hit by these inflicts the corrosion ailment.
Dual Acid Volley - Similar to the normal acid volley attack but done twice in a row.
Tail Smash - Ryatroxos will lift its tail into the air and smash it into the ground dealing high damage to any unable to avoid or block the attack.
Corrosive Tail Smash - Similar to the normal tail smash attack but this time the tail is coated with acid and can inflict corrosion, the impact zone of the tail will have lingering acidic gas.
Acid Spray - Ryatroxos' jaws will drip with acidic venom as it proceeds to spray a torrent of corrosive fluids and gas towards its foes, failure to avoid this attack will deal high damage and inflict corrosion. Areas of impact will have lingering pools of acid.
Acid Chomp - Ryatroxos' jaws will drip with acidic venom as it proceeds to lunge at hunters with an open jaw, failure to avoid this attack will cause high damage and inflict corrosion.
Corrosion Back Slam - Ryatroxos will rear up on its back legs and fall backwards onto its back creating a large explosion of acid to shower the area and dealing high damage and inflicting corrosion to any hunters incapable of avoiding the attack.
Charge - A simple attack that involves running forward in an attempt to trample the hunter, it deals moderate damage and cause hunters to be knocked back.
Dual Charge - Similar to a normal charge but done twice.
Rear Kick - Ryatroxos kicks backwards towards anything standing behind it with either one of its hind legs dealing moderate damage.
Acid Mist - Ryatroxos will drag its tail across the ground and spread acidic mist in a circle.
Flamethrower - Ryatroxos sucks in air and fires out a stream of fire akin to that of Teostra, dealing high damage and inflicting fireblight.
Explosive Pounce - Ryatroxos claws start to drip with highly corrosive acid. Ryatroxos will lunge at hunters with its claws hoping to gore them dealing massive damage and causing an explosion of corrosive acid and fire in the nearby area. Inflicts corrosion or fireblight.
Thermal Projectiles - Ryatroxos fires a powerful concentrated stream of acid and fire that explodes violently when hitting the ground dealing massive damage. Inflicts corrosion and fireblight.
Atrox Fire - Ryatroxos fires out a concentrated ball of fire at foes dealing high damage and inflicting fireblight.
Thermal Mist - Ryatroxos ignites the acid on its body causing a huge wall of flame to pulse from its body dealing high damage and inflicting severe fireblight.
Back Flip Slam - Ryatroxos jumps in the air and slams its studed tail into hunters dealing high damage.
Super-heated Bite - Ryatroxos lunges at a hunter with its jaws engulfed in flames and then bites down creating a shock wave of fire deals high damage and inflicts fireblight.
Acidic Tail Bomb - Ryatroxos stabs its tail barbs into the ground and injects its acidic venom into it causing geysers of corrosive gas to spew from the ground around it, Ryatroxos than quickly jumps into the air and fires a flaming projectile towards the ground causing a massive explosion that deals heavy damage and inflicts corrosion and fireblight, can easily one shot hunters.
Inferno Wall - Ryatroxos spins around dragging its tail across the ground leaving a trail of corrosive fluid on the ground Ryatroxos will then ignite said trail causing a massive wall of fire to rise. While inside Ryatroxos will release eject a mist of acid causing the wall of fire to violently pulse in all directions.
Pyro Flow - Ryatroxos will charge a massive fireball in its mouth and create a large pulsing inferno in the direction it is fired. Can easily one shot hunters.
Breakable parts / Damage Effectiveness (WIP)
- Base HP: 6,555 HP
- Low-Rank: N/A
- High Rank: 6,555 HP
- G-Rank: N/A
- Back Spikes
Physical Damage Effectiveness
- Head = ★ (Cutting) ★ (Impact) ★★ (Shot)
- Torso = ★ (Cutting) ★ (Impact) ★ (Shot)
- Legs = ★ (Cutting) ★★ (Impact) ★ (Shot)
- Tail = ★★ (Cutting) ★ (Impact) ★(Shot)
- Fire = ✖
- Water = ★★★
- Thunder = ★
- Ice = ★★
- Dragon = ★
- Earth = ★
- Wind = ✖
- Poison = ✖
- Sleep = ★
- Paralysis = ★
- Blast = ★★
- Stun = ★
- Blind = ★
Shiny Item Drops
- Wyvern Tear
- Large Wyvern Tear
- Ryatroxos Scale+
- Ryatroxos Claw+
Ryatroxos drops piercing pods and corrosion pods.
|Atrox Jaw Blade||1253||+10%||Green/Blue/Blue||oo-||150220||A large blade made from Ryatroxos materials, the heat helps the blade cut down its foes!|
|Mandibular Daggers||750||-10%||Green/Blue/Blue||o--||220||Fearsome bladed weapons that uses the venom glands of a Ryatroxos. Even the mightiest of beasts stand no chance against such blades.|
|Maxillia Smasher||1920||+20%||Green/Blue/Blue||---||290||A mighty hammer crafted from the jaws of a Ryatroxos. It is said this hammer can crack open even mountains!|
||A legendary weapon used by the most powerful of tyrants. One swing is said to take out an army.|
High Rank Carves
|A large grooved fang designed to inflict deep wounds and and tear large chunks out of prey.|
|Ryatroxos Hide+||A thick, durable and acid resistant hide of an Ryatroxos perfect for shrugging off even the most fatal of blows.|
|An organ from a Ryatroxos containing the most toxic and caustic substance known in the world. Handle with extreme caution!|
|Inferno Sac||A monster organ filled with powder that ignites if it so much as touches air. Danger!|
|Ryatroxos Scale+||A hard scale carved from an Ryatroxos hide that is surprisingly heavy for its size.|
|Ryatroxos Carapace+||A chunk of thick layered scales carved from a Ryatroxos hide, this part is located in between the shell and the hide.|
|Ryatroxos Shell+||A shell formed from thick, wide scales over a single rigid bone give Ryatroxos all the armor it needs.|
|Ryatroxos Scute+||A hard horn like osteoderm that can be found atop a Ryatroxos' carapace. It is known to be filled with the beasts acidic venom.|
|Ryatroxos Claw+||A large, sharp and sturdy claw carved from an Ryatroxos fore limb. It is sharp enough to cut steel!|
|Ryatroxos Crest+||A pair of horn like crests carved from an Ryatroxos, sturdy and hard. These structures are used to show this beast unquestionable dominance.|
|Ryatroxos Hardbone+||A hollow, air sack filled bone that is surprisingly strong and sturdy, this adaptation helps explains how Ryatroxos is able to be so agile for its large size.|
|Ryatroxos Tail+||The tip of the Ryatroxos tail is covered in three bone blade like scales that it uses to disembowel foes with.|
|Ryatroxos Plate||A rare scale that is warm to the touch and filled with toxic acid, used in crafting the highest of quality gear.|
|Atrox Dreadfang||A fang from an old and experienced killer, it is stained with its acidic venom and bares the marks of ending countless lives.|
|Atrox Backspire||A large and imposing scute spine carved from the regal body of a Ryatroxos, it has become stained with acid. It invokes terror to the masses.|
|Ryatroxos King Scale||A dark and ominous scale carved from a true king of drakes. Possessing one proves your worth as a elite of the elite hunter.|
|Ryatroxos Eye||The evil, yet regal eye carved from a Ryatroxos. Its stare is said to induce nightmares!|
|Ryatroxos Grimskull||The head of a Ryatroxos, few have seen it up close, and even less have survived such encounters. Truly shows your worth as a hunter.|
|Corrosion Emerald||This jagged, but crystalline stone is formed from the solidified acidic venom of a Ryatroxos. Just holding it you can feel the intense destructive power radiating from it.|
Interactions with other Monsters (WIP)
Low Tier Monsters
- Ryatroxos vs Velocidrome, Gendrome, Great Maccao, Great Wroggi or Great Baggi: Ryatroxos lunges at the small bird wyvern picking it up with its jaws, and begins to violently shake its head from side to side, dealing very high damage to its foe. The Ryatroxos then throws the bird wyvern away, dealing moderate damage, and roars triumphantly.
- Ryatroxos vs Kula-Ya-Ku, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku or Coco-Ya-Ku: Ryatroxos lunges at the bird wyvern and knocks it over with its head. The Ryatroxos then bites the downed bird wyvern, grabbing it by the tail and lifts it up into the air. Ryatroxos then violently slams the bird wyvern into the ground dealing very high damage, and begins roaring triumphantly.
- Ryatroxos vs Great Jagras or Great Girros: The smaller fanged wyverns attempts to intimidate the large Ryatroxos, only to be met with open jaws. The Ryatroxos begins slamming the smaller monster into the ground while shaking its head violently from side to side inflicting massive damage. The Ryatroxos then releases its grip and roar triumphantly.
- Ryatroxos vs Tetsucabra: Ryatroxos roars at the massive amphibian before dodging the Tetsucabras' lunge. Ryatroxos then grabs the Tetsucabra by its back and throws it away, dealing high damage and causing the Tetsucabra to flail on the ground after impact. The Ryatroxos then roars triumphantly.
- Ryatroxos vs Tobi Kadachi: The Tobi Kadachi and Ryatroxos roar at each other. The Ryatroxos lunges at the smaller fanged wyvern only to miss as the Tobi Kadachi jumps back, and glides towards the larger fanged wyvern. The Tobi Kadachi lands on the back of the Ryatroxos and attempts to maul it but is quickly grabbed by the tail and thrown off by the Ryatroxos, dealing high damage, the Ryatroxos roars Triumphantly.
- Ryatroxos vs Nersyclla: Ryatroxos roars and lunges at the spider knocking it onto its back and begins to tear at the temnocerans' underbelly inflicting massive damage, and then tosses it aside and proceeds to roar in victory.
High Tier Monsters
- Ryatroxos vs Bazelgeuse: The two monsters become enraged and start to size each other up while roaring. Ryatroxos attempts to lunge at Bazelgeuse, only for it to miss as Bazelgeuse takes to the air. The Bazelgeuse primes its scales as it circles Ryatroxos in the air and quickly divebombs the fearsome fanged wyvern creating a massive explosion with its primed scales dealing high damage (1500-2000) to the Ryatroxos, only for the Ryatroxos to quickly recover and pin the grounded Bazelgeuse to the floor with its powerful forelimbs dealing moderate damage (300-500). The Ryatroxos roars and proceeds to maul the pinned Bazelgeuse dealing very high damage (2500-3500) and then proceeds to roar in victory as it throws Bazelgeuse across the ground with its powerful forelimbs. Both monsters then proceed to idle and take a breather and then both leave the area.
- Ryatroxos vs Deviljho: The two become enraged and start to roar at each other. The Deviljho impatiently lunges towards the Ryatroxos and grabs it by the back of the neck and proceeds to slam and drag it across the floor dealing high damage (2500-3000) to the Ryatroxos, the Deviljho then attempts to lift the Ryatroxos once more only to have its face viciously clawed by the Ryatroxos powerful arms dealing moderate damage (300-500) causing the Deviljho to release the Ryatroxos and writhe in pain. The Ryatroxos then takes advantage of its staggered opponent and topples the Devilho by pouncing on the brute wyvern. The Ryatroxos begins to effortlessly maul the helpless Deviljho and deals high damage (2600-3100). The Deviljho then manages to knock the Ryatroxos off its body and the two monsters then proceed to roar at each other. The conflict ends with both monsters leaving the area.
- Ryatroxos vs Tautogoth: The two monsters become enraged and start roaring at one another. Tautogoth then proceeds to engage by pulling a large boulder out of the ground and ignites it and swiftly smashes the explosive chunk of rock into the Ryatroxos face, dealing high damage and causing the Ryatroxos to violently writhe in pain. The Ryatroxos quickly regains its stance and proceeds to lunge at the Tautogoth, which attempts to dodge the fanged wyverns jaws only to have its forearm caught. The Tautogoth successfully forces the fanged wyverns jaws off its arm but is caught off guard by a sudden second lunge which knocks the fearsome bypaldian onto its back. The Ryatroxos then locks its powerful jaws around the fallen bypaldians neck dealing high damage. The bypaldian tries to force the jaws of the Ryatroxos open but is unsuccessful in its attempts, the Tautogoth then throws an explosive punch into the Ryatroxos lower neck dealing moderate damage and causing the fanged wyvern to lose its grip and fall over. Tautogoth swiftly corrects it stance and attempts to pummel the Ryatroxos but is intercepted by a ball of toxic flames fired by the fanged wyvern dealing moderate damage to the bypaldian. The two monsters become exhausted from the fight and both leave the area.
- Ryatroxos vs Kuroshen: The two monsters start to roar at each other and circle one another. Ryatroxos then attempts to lunge at Kuroshen only to miss as the Kuroshen quickly dodges the attack. The Kuroshen then jumps onto the back of the larger fanged wyvern and begins to viciously maul at the back of the neck dealing high damage (2500-3000) while the Ryatroxos attempts to get the smaller creature off its back. The Ryatroxos then releases a mist of corrosive venom from its spines which stagers the Kuroshen and deals moderate damage (500-600) and then grabs a hold of the smaller fanged wyverns legs with its jaws and then proceeds to pull it off and throws it to the ground dealing high damage (2000-2500). The two fanged wyverns then roar and leave the area.
- Ryatroxos love the taste of Zinogre and its relatives.
- The fire Ryatroxos produces is green in color unlike that produced by other fire monsters, the reasoning behind this is due to the chemicals found in its unique acidic venom.
- Ryatroxos has no low rank carves as it can only be encountered during high rank quests and above.
- When it is enraged acidic mist covers its whole body and arms and its upper body bursts into flames.
- Ryatroxos is based on multiple species of animals both extant and extinct!
- Some of the animals it is based on includes theropod dinosaurs like Giganotosaurus. It also has features based on the prehistoric crocodile and dinosaur relatives Saurosuchus and Fasolasuchus. Some modern animals that provided some inspiration for some of Ryatroxos features are Horned Vipers.
- When low on stamina Ryatroxos will either hunt smaller monsters, feed from a carcass or feed on weakened, sleeping or dead large monsters.
- Ryatroxos will feed from dropped raw meat when low on stamina, it will not however feed from poisoned, tainted or drugged meat even if it is low on stamina.
- Ryatroxos tail can be severed after it is scarred.
- Ryatroxos Crest and head can be damaged.
- Ryatroxos roar requires HG earplugs to block.
- Ryatroxos is one of the few monster with the power and ferocity to actively hunt other large monsters such as Validoth and Sicarapax!
- Ryatroxos are a rival species to Ferrumos and often compete violently to become top predators of a region.
- Ryatroxos was originally called Atroxlong and was a Brute Wyvern.
- Despite being classified as Fanged Wyverns, Ryatroxos isn't closely related to any other monsters of that classification save for its close relative Anatroxos and the mutant Charred Ryatroxos variety .