Rikias is one of the Adapted Species of Seltas, together with Seltias.
Rikias is a large Neopteron which resembles the Styracosaurus in appearance. This can be seen in the fact that it has a large frill, which has large spikes on it, and two nasal horns. Otherwise, it has a bug-like appearance, having six armored limbs and a thick shell covering its body. It has several orb-like structures on its frill and has antennae above its eyes. Its lower jaw has several teeth-like structures on it. Its main shell is a black coloring, its horns and spikes are white and its underside is yellow in color.
Rikias is a large and aggressive Neopteron, functioning as the soldier of the hive while Seltias are the workers. It protects the workers and queen with great physical power and ferocity. Rikias have an omnivorous diet, feeding on plants and several kinds of monsters.
Placement in Food Chain
Rikias occupy a position high in the food chain thanks to their large size combined with their physical strength and impressive agility. Rikias are omnivorous, but generally feed on low to the ground vegetation. The times they do hunt other monsters, it's generally for Seltias to take the food back to the hive. Rikias has to worry about many capable competitors, but only faces predation from powerful monsters and Elder Dragons.
Behavior towards Other Monsters
Rikias is an aggressive monster which will attack small monsters if they wander too close to it or provoke the Neopteron. Rikias will attack other large monsters if they wander too close to the large Neopteron or if it's provoked. Rikias will only leave an area when an Elder Dragon is present, but only rarely, as it will try to protect its hive even from powerful monsters and Elder Dragons.
Rikias can leave behind several tracks for hunters to utilize in tracking it down. These tracks include "Large Prints", which can be found on the ground, "Horn Scratch Marks", which can be found on the ground or on walls, "Claw Marks", which can be found on the ground or on walls, and "Aromatic Substance", which can be found on the ground or on walls.
Specific Locale Interactions
Rikias doesn't have any specific locale interactions.
After a Rikias has been hunted in a quest for the first time, Rikias will commonly spawn in quests with Seltias and if the Seltias is attacked, the Rikias will quickly come to the Seltias' aid and fight whatever threatens it, be it hunter or monster.
- Location: Mountainous area
- Synopsis: As the hunter enters the area, they notice several smaller monsters running out of the area, seemingly terrified of something. As all the smaller monsters have left the area, the ground starts shaking and rocks start falling. Then they notice a large monster running towards them, horns aimed right at them. The hunter quickly jumps out of the way as the monster hits the wall behind where the hunter was and gets its horn stuck. As the hunter looks back they realize it's the Rikias they have to hunt, but suddenly the Rikias pulls its horn out of the wall and breaks it apart, sending rocks flying around. The hunter leaps out of the way of all the rocks by going to a lower part of the area. When the hunter turns around they see the Rikias staring at them which then screeches, starting the hunt.
- Location: Mountainous area
- Synopsis: The cutscene begins by showing a large area with several Seltias which are gathering food for their hive. Some Seltias start returning to their hive, but some are still busy gathering. Suddenly, another monster enters the area and roars at the Seltias. It's a Yamadios which is angry at them for entering its territory. The Seltias look at the Brute Wyvern which causes a bright flash, blinding the Seltias. The Seltias start crying in distress as the Brute Wyvern rolls towards a blinded Seltias. When the Yamadios is just about to hit the Seltias, the Yamadios gets hit out of the way by another monster. It's revealed to be a Rikias which has come to protect the workers of its hive. The Seltias recover from the flash and start running away back to their hive. The Yamadios slowly gets back up, wounded heavily after receiving a ram from the Rikias' powerful horn. The Rikias screeches angrily at the Yamadios which tells the Yamadios that it doesn't stand a chance and thus the Brute Wyvern decides to run away. The Rikias then turns around and walks in the same direction as the Seltias, back towards its hive, as the cutscene starts ending.
Rikias is a large Neopteron with great physical strength, being capable of charging around at high speeds, utilizing its horns to try and impale threats to it and its hive. Its shell is thick and thus can easily protect the Rikias from enemy monsters.
Rage and Tired States
- Rage State: When Rikias becomes enraged it will paw the ground similar to a bull and will huff out smoke. If Rikias' horns get broken it will be locked in its rage mode.
- Tired State: When Rikias becomes tired its entire body will become paler in color.
Rikias can enter the Dire State and while in this state it has the usual changes of a monster in the Dire State.
Rikias can be mounted on its head or its back.
When Rikias is mounted on its head, the hunter will be located behind the Rikias' two frontal horns and next to the gemstone-like structures on its head. The Rikias will try to get hunters off by violently shaking its head around, by running around, by slamming the side of its head into walls and by charging into walls.
When Rikias is mounted on its back, the hunter will be located right on top of the Rikias' back. The Rikias will try to get hunters off by shaking its body, by running around and by slamming the side of its body into walls.
|?||An Adapted Species of Neopteron which evolved from Seltas. Unlike the other Seltas Adapted Species, Seltias, these Neopterons are dangerous and highly aggressive. They protect the workers and queen of its hive from threats by using its large horns.|
- Order: Coleoptera
- Suborder: Adephaga
- Family: Seltas
Rikias is a Neopteron and one of the Adapted Species together with Seltias. Rikias are the large soldiers of the hive and are known to mostly inhabit mountainous regions.
Rikias have been found inhabiting several mountainous regions.
Rikias have been found to be high on the food chain. They are omnivorous monsters which will feed on low to the ground species of plant, but will also hunt other monsters when necessary, but generally this will be done so Seltias can gather the food for the hive. They can easily take down smaller monsters and larger monsters like Yamadios. Rikias and other large monsters generally try to stay away from each other, but sometimes the Rikias can be found taking down these too. Despite its large size and power, it has to compete with other large powerful monsters which can severely wound or kill a Rikias, but they will generally try to stay away from each other. Elder Dragon-level monsters and Elder Dragons can be very dangerous to a Rikias and are some of the few things which have been found taking down a Rikias with relative ease, but the Rikias won't go down without a fight.
Rikias have evolved in a very different way from the original species. While Seltias evolved for pack behavior and gathering, Rikias have evolved for combat and giving orders to these Seltias. Rikias have evolved to be larger and thus physically more powerful. They have evolved large horns and a thick shell which aid them in combat for both offensive and defensive purposes. Rikias have evolved a watery substance which they fire at the ground to create a blob. This blob has an unique scent to Seltias and is used to give orders to the Seltias, ranging from gathering to making a way around the blob.
Rikias are generally found alone or around Seltias, protecting them, but only a few times have several Rikias been found together. This has usually happened when they had to fight off a larger threat to the hive.
Interactions with Other Monsters
Low Tier Large Monsters
High Tier Large Monsters
- Roar: Rikias doesn't have an actual roar, instead it will do screeches throughout the battle.
- Bite: Rikias will try to bite a hunter which can knock them back.
- Claw Swipe: Rikias will swipe either of its claws at a hunter which can knock them down.
- Head Swipe: Rikias will swipe its head at a hunter which can knock them down.
- Upwards Swing: Rikias will upswing a hunter with its horn which can knock them up.
- Run: Rikias will walk into a hunter which can knock them down.
- Twin Head Swipe: Rikias will swipe its head at a hunter twice, first from the left and then from the right.
- Arm Swipe: Rikias will swipe either of its front legs at a hunter which can knock them down.
- Rock Throw: Rikias will put its horn into the ground and then rip a rock out of the ground and towards a hunter. This attack can knock hunters down.
- Charge: Rikias will charge at a hunter which can knock them away. If the Rikias runs into a wall it can get its horn stuck.
- Claw Slam: Rikias will slam either of its claws down onto a hunter which can knock them down.
- Dual Claw Slam: Rikias will slam both of its claws down onto a hunter which can knock them down.
- Back Stab: Rikias will throw its rear at a hunter, trying to hit them with the spike on its rear. This attack can knock hunters down.
- Arm Slam: Rikias will slam either of its front legs down onto a hunter which can knock them away.
- Speeding Charge: Rikias will charge towards a hunter at high speeds, trying to hit them with its horns. This attack can knock hunters away. If the Rikias runs into a wall it can get its horn stuck.
- Note: Rikias can now use its Low Rank Enraged attacks when not enraged.
- Head Shake: Rikias will shake its head which can knock hunters down.
- Turning Claw Swipe: Rikias will swipe either of its claws at a hunter, turning with the swipe until it has spun 180-degrees. This attack can knock hunters down.
- Body Slam: Rikias will try to slam the side of its body into a hunter which can knock them away.
- Turning Arm Swipe: Rikias will swipe either of its front legs at a hunter, turning with the swipe until it has spun 180-degrees. This attack can knock hunters away.
- Great Upswing: Rikias will upswing nearly its entire body at a hunter which can knock them upwards.
- Power Charge: Rikias will put its horn into the ground and then start charging towards a hunter while rocks fly out of the ground from its charging. Eventually it will rip its horn out of the ground, doing an upswing. If hunters get hit by the Rikias charging, they will be send flying and if they get hit by the smaller rocks they can get knocked back. If hunters get hit by the final upswing they can get knocked upwards.
- Dual Arm Slam: Rikias will slam both of its front legs down onto a hunter which can knock them away.
- Power Head Swing: Rikias will quickly swing either its head from the left or the right at a hunter which can knock them upwards.
- Turning Head Swing: Rikias will swing its head at a hunter, turning with the swing until it has spun 180-degrees. This attack can knock hunters away.
- Full Head Swing: Rikias will do a Turning Head Swing, but much faster and instead it will do an entire 360-degree spin. At the end of its spin it will do a Great Upswing. The spin will knock hunters away and the upswing can knock them upwards.
- Constant Charging: Rikias will do multiple charges in a row either towards the same hunter each time or different hunters. It will do three charges in a row and it's random which charge it will do, either the Speeding Charge or the Power Charge.
Breakable Parts and Shiny Drops
- Head(1): Rikias' front horn will be broken and it will have scars on its face. This will lock it into a rage, similar to when Shogun Ceanataur's claws get broken.
- Head(2): Rikias' secondary horn will be broken and it will have more scars on its face.
- Head(3): The spikes on Rikias' frill will be broken or partially broken.
- Head(4): The orb-like structures on its head will have scratches on it or be partially broken.
- Front Legs: Either of Rikias' front legs will have their shells partially broken and its claws will have scratches on them.
- Rear Legs: Either set of Rikias' rear legs will have their shells partially broken.
- Back: Rikias' back will be partially broken open.
- Rikias can drop a Rikias Shell/Carapace/Cortex with the breaks on its front legs, its rear legs and the break on its back.
- Rikias can drop a Rikias Claw/Claw+/Hardclaw with the breaks on its front legs.
- Rikias can drop a Rikias Fang/Fang+/Hardfang with the first two breaks on its head.
- Rikias can drop a Rikias Horn/Horn+/Grandhorn with the first two breaks on its head.
- Rikias can drop a Rikias Spike/Spike+/Greatspike with the third break on its head.
When Rikias receives a high damage impact, it can drop Thorn Pods for the hunter's slinger.
Skills: Auto-Guard, Rock Steady, Ice Res -20
Skills: Auto-Reload, Rock Steady, Ice Res -20
- Whenever Rikias is tired it will either find some plants or a carcass and eat from it to regain Stamina.
- Rikias can be staggered for an extended period of time through the usage of Sonic Bombs or Screamer Pods.
- Rikias' concept was a bug which resembled a Styracosaurus.
- The monster itself was thought of by Setheo and all the information was made by Dinoman0310.