The Mountain Side is a hunting ground at the Phana massif in the nearness of he Crimson Sands. The area is characterized by its plain rocks, cliffs and caves. While close to desert, with that higher temperature than other mountainous areas, sometimes rain can come down causing landslides.
- Base Camp: Inside a cave close to the desert. The way goes to Area 1, a secret passage leads to Area 7.
- Area 1: A small area with rocks and single trees. One path brings you to Area 2, the other one to Area 6.
- Area 2: The area is beneath a wide ledge and seems like a cave with one open side. A hiding spot for monsters that want to avoid the sun. A way leads to Area 3.
- Area 3: A rocky field with many rock formations that give shadows. One path leads to Area 4, a climbable wall to Area 7.
- Area 4: A small ravine with many mining spots. Climbing up leads to Area 7, Area 5 is accessible with a second way.
- Area 5: A dark cave area with mining spots. The path goes to Area 6.
- Area 6: Another cave area that is located on a higher altitude. One way brings you to Area 7, a second to Area 8 and jumping through a hole gets you to Area 2.
- Area 7: A big area on the side of a mountain with a consistent slope. Often visited by Galbilas as they can flee fast. Jumping down a cliff gets you to Area 4 and a path leads to Area 11.
- Area 8: A narrow cave area with many climbing spots. A way outside leads to Area 9.
- Area 9: A sunexposed hill at one side of the mountain. Also has a slope but not as steep as in Area 7. A way leads to Area 10, a second path to Area 12.
- Area 10: The highest place of the hunting ground gets used as a nest for Flying Wyverns and other monsters. The path leads to Area 11.
- Area 11: An area close to a cliff with some bushes growing. Jumping down the cliff brings you to Area 3.
- Area 12: A monster nest inside a small cave for mostly flightless Wyverns or Fanged Beasts. The way ends in a dead end.
- Secret Area: Inside a small cave in the ledge above Area 2. Rare materials can be found here. A jump from the edge gets you to Area 2.
- Heavy rains can cause landslides that directly inflict damage or cut off ways.
The monsters living here often hide in between rocks or inside caves, partly from predators, partly from the relentless sun. Some monsters from the deserts appear here as well. Most monsters here are nocturnal to escape the heat.
Aptonoth, Apceros, (will be updated with the monsters)