Igneous Basarios is a Rare Species of Basarios.
Igneous Basarios sports a black shell with cracked patterns that glow a bright yellow-orange, giving the impression of flowing lava. They possess red eyes instead of yellow eyes.
Igneous Basarios has the same abilities as ordinary Basarios. However, it can use a paralyzing gas not used by normal Basarios and its relatives. It is also much more efficient in the use of its heat beam. When it shakes its body it launches globules of lava.
While it spends most of is time hidden underground, Igneous Basarios are much more aggressive than its cousins as it has to deal with more dangerous predators like Teostra, Akantor, and Raging Brachydios.
Igneous Basarios is found exclusively in harsh, volcanic regions such as the Battleground, Lava Canyon, and Ingle Isle.
- Order: Saurischia
- Suborder: Wyvern Feet
- Infraorder: Carapace Wyvern
- Superfamily: Armor Wyvern
- Family: Armor Wyvern
A rare variation of Basarios with a black shell. Some theorize that Igneous Basarios grow up to become Black Gravios.
Igneous Basarios have only been encountered in the Volcano, Lava Canyon, Volcanic Hollow, Ingle Isle, and the Battleground of the Old World. They have been recently been discovered in the Ruinous Mountain.
Igneous Basarios are more powerful and more dangerous than both Basarios and Ruby Basarios. However, they prefer to stay away from predators, relying on camouflage to hide from monsters such as Agnaktor and Brachydios. They feed on ores, minerals, Herbivores, and Neopterons.
From spending more time in volcanic areas, their rocky shells have turned black due to intense heat. The gases they expel from their bellies have become more potent, especially its poison gas. Igneous Basarios now expel a paralyzing gas identified by its yellow color. This new paralytic gas comes from the Neopterons it eats, namely Bnahabras.
Much less aggressive than its adult form Gravios, Basarios are content with maintaining their rock-like camouflage and feeding on minerals. Basarios can become aggressive when attacked, spitting fire balls, firing heat beams and ramming their opponents when threatened. It is also more proficient in use of its heat beam; it is now almost on par with its adult form. When it shakes its body it is known to launch lava globules from its body. This may indicate the presence of lava in its body, specifically in its back.
- When underground, Igneous Basarios's backside resembles the explosive rocks found in the Volcano, Old Volcano, and Everwood.
- Its back and chest can be broken. The stomach can now be climbed on and attacked after back has been broken. The tail can also be severed.
- When the back has been broken it can be mined. Mining the back will grant hunters items like Firestones and Lava Nuggets.
- It drops lava balls with some attacks, like the tail swing, the hip check or when it rolls.
- Igneous Basarios's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Its roar when becoming enraged only requires Earplugs.
- Potential name candidates for Igneous Basarios included Charcoal Basarios and Obsidian Basarios.