Grypemos (ブレイブグリフォン (Bureibugurifon) in Japanese) is a Flying Wyvern that appears in Monster Hunter Aetheria Frontier.
|No Icon||A Wyvern that is known as "The Brave Griffon". due to it's resemblance to a certain mythological creature and it's brave nature when facing other deadly predatory monsters that it competes with in various environments.|
True to it's title, The Beast is a Pseudowyvern that has strong, lion like front legs and Seregios like Hindlegs, the front ones having it's wings that have patterns that give the illusion that the wings are Feathered, A Long, Tigrex like Tail, a head that resembles a hawk or eagle's, with the exception of cat like ears, A Row of Fur like hairs on it's neck and back, and a stance similar to Tigrex or Nargacuga. It's eyes are cat like, and it's beak is sharp looking, and has needle like teeth. The Talons on the lion like feet are retractable.
Aside from it's metabolism being able to change to make it's body cooler or warmer than the surrounding enviroment, depending on the needs and the enviroment itself, and it's flying prowess rivaling Rathalos and Barioth, it's most noteable ability is to use it's claws to cause bleeding status when the claws are not retracted.
It does not seem to mind most people, aside from Hunters that attack it. It does, however, have a rivalry with many monsters, including Yian Garuga, Astalos, Wilolu, Deviljho, Rajang, and more. It likes to fight Strong monsters that it deems to be worthy of a challenge, though not to the point where it can disrupt the ecological balance of an area, like in the case of Astalos.
Grypemos is a Flying Wyvern, and a unique one at that. It was well known by Revalian people before the Revalius region's hunter's guild was formed, and were considered the "Symbolic Monster of Bravery". It has features similar to Avian Bird Wyverns, but it is a Pseudowyvern of the Flying Wyvern Class.
Grypemos has been found in many enviroments, from the cold Bitterchilled Wastes, to the hot Scorched Mountain, and everywhere in between the lines. It does, however, seem to prefer temperate areas, like Paleozoic Mountains and Arcane Forest.
It is a highly evolved and adaptable wyvern, and is clearly a top predator in environments it finds itself in, as well as a force to be reckoned with by other monsters. Yet it does have foes to compete with, such as Seregios, Wilolu,and other predatory monsters. But the only real threats it worries about seems to be Elder Dragons. But being formidable themselves, Grypemos will not go without a fight.
Truly an oddity in the Flying Wyvern Class, it has features of Avian Bird Wyverns and Fanged Beats. It has a Sharp beak filled with needle like teeth, Seregios like Hindlimbs, lion like front legs, the front having wings that have patterns that give the illusion they are feathered, with lion like paws that have retractable claws, a Tigrex like tail, cat like eyes and ears, and fur like hairs on it's neck going down it's back.
The Grypemos can use it's claws to inflict severe bleeding wounds that often end in it's weaker prey bleeding to death after one strike, and it's beak makes a bite that can definitely make an impression on other large monsters. It's flying prowess can be considered on par with Rathalos and Barioth.
But it's most unique adaptation is it's ability to change it's metabolism to keep itself cooler or warmer than the enviroment around it, depending on that enviroment and the Grypemos' needs. This is what allows the species to thrive in almost any enviroment.
Grypemos are not the most aggressive towards people when compared to other monsters in Revalius, but they certaintly won't be harmless if provoked in any way. However, it does seem to like to fight monsters it would consider worthy adversaries, like Wilolu and other strong monsters, though not to the point of disrupting the ecological balance of an area.
It can inhabit just about any environment, but seems to like Temperate environments the most.
The Brave Griffon
- Quest: Quest of the Brave
- Area: Arcane Forest
- Main Monster(s): Grypemos, Seregios
The Hunter enters the Arcane forest, in a large forested area, and finds a Seregios screeching towards him/her. The Seregios was about to attack when a eagle like screech is heard from above, getting the Seregios' attention. Then a large Griffon like Wyvern, the Grypemos, dive bombs at the Seregios, clawing at it with it's talons, Harassing it!
After a while of brutal fighting, the Seregios flies away, screeching in pain from the wounds it suffered. The Grypemos, mostly unscathed from the fight, screeches a victory cry, and turns to see the hunter.
The Hunter's eyes meet that of the Grypemos, and after a while, The Grypemos makes a screeching roar of challenge! And the Hunt Begins!
High Rank and Above
- Battle Cry: Will make a Hawk screech like Battlecry that requires Earplugs to Block.
- Griffon Charge: Will Charge in the fashion of a Tigrex or Nargacuga towards a target, often repeated up to two times on nromal circumstances, but up to four times when enraged. Will trip on the first or second charge if fatigued.
- Slashing Swipe: Will Slash at the Target at close range with either it's left or right front claws. Will do this up to three times normally, but up to six times when enraged. (Has a chance to inflict Bleeding)
- Prowler Stance: will do a stance similar to a Nargacuga's Prowler Stance, and is often followed by "POUNCE!".
- POUNCE!: Will Leap a tremendous distance to pounce at a hunter it is targeting, and, if successful, will start a pin attack!
- Maul-a-thon: If it's Pounce was successful, it will start this pin attack, where it will be on top of the hunter, and start mauling the hunter with it's claws. This always inflicts Bleeding after the first swipe of it's claws. The Hunter can escape by squirming out or using a Dung Bomb. If the Hunter fails to escape in time, the Grypemos will grab the hunter with it's hind legs and fly into the air to throw him/her in a random direction before landing again. (Always inflicts Bleeding after the first swipe)
- Bite: will bite in the fashion of a Tigrex, somtimes in a combo move of two bites or more.
- Tail Raid: Will Spin it's body, using it's tail as the main weapon, to hit hunters around it. Will do it up to three times normally, but up to four times when enraged. But it will trip after the second tail swing if fatigued.
- Aethletic Griffon Smash: Will use it's front claws in the fashion of a Zinogre to smash a hunter
- Griffon Tail Smash: Will Do a Tail Smash attack similar to Zinogre
- Griffon Combo: Will chain it's bite and tail attacks into a combo similar to 4th Gen Zinogre.
- Glide Attack: Will Charge in the air in the gliding fashion of a Rathalos.
- Aerial Screech: Will Screech in the fashion of a Rathalos in mid air.
- Fake Retreat: Will sometimes fake a "Retreat" by Flying up in the air in the fashion of an escaping Pseudowyvern. But is followed by a "Divebomb" or "Aerial Grab" a short while afterwards.
- Divebomb: Will Divebomb towards the Hunter and hit them in full force with it's bodyweight as it glides quickly across the ground. It will sometimes ascend to do this attack again up to two times. Will do it three times when enraged. Will crash on the first divebomb if fatigued.
- Aerial Kick: Will do an Aerial kick in the fashion of a Rathalos. (Chance to inflict Bleeding)
- Aerial Tail Swipe: Will swipe it's tail upwards in the fashion of a Rathalos or Rathian.
- Aerial Grab: Will Divebomb towards the hunter targeted, but will grab him/her with it's hind legs and screech before throwing the hunter in a random direction, or even towards another hunter.
- Seismic Toss: Similar to "Aerial Grab", but will land on one leg, and screech before taking off into the air, and tossing the hunter at the ground.
|Grypemos Featherscale||A Feather like Scale that gives the Grypemos the illusion of having feathers.|
|Grypemos Talon||The Talons of a Grypemos can rip through the toughest armor, and are it's main weapon!|
|Grypemos Mane||The Mane of a Grypemos is made of white fur like Protofeathers, and the pride of a Grypemos.|
|Grypemos Feather Shell||The Shell of a Grypemos is stronger than a single scale, making a beautiful, yet effective armor.|
|Grypemos Tail||The Tail of a Grypemos has a more than passing resemblence to a Tigrex's.|
|Grypemos Beak||The Beak of a Griffon like Wyvern that rips a foe's flesh asunder!|
|Grypemos Brave Gem||A Gem from inside the Grypemos that is said to be a symbol of the creature's bravery. Glows with a Silver aura.|
|Grypemos Plumescale||A High Quality Scale that is easy to mistake for a feather at first.|
|Grypemos Riptalon||A Quality Talon that rips the Grypemos' prey to itty bitty pieces!|
|Grypemos Mane+||The high quality mane of a Grypemos that is the creature's pride.|
|Grypemos Plumecarapace||A Carapace with a plume of feather like scales. Beautiful to behold.|
|Grypemos Lash||The high quality tail of a Grpemos. Has a more than passing resemblence to a Tigrex|
|Grypemos Ripbeak||A Sharp beak filled with needle like teeth that rip flesh asunder|
|Grypemos Bravegem||A Gem from inside the Grypemos that is said to be a symbol of the creature's bravery. Glows with a Silver aura.|
|Grypemos Lrg Bravegem||A Large Gem from inside the Grypemos that is said to be a symbol of the creature's bravery. Glows with a Silver aura.|
|Icon||Shiny Drop||Description||Rank found|
|Griffon Tear||A Tear from a Grypemos. Has healing properties that are said to make any wound heal quicker than normal.||High Rank and Above|
|Griffon Sob||A large Tear from the Grypemos. Said to have better medicinal properties than a normally shed tear.||G-Rank Only|
|Grypemos Feather Scale||A Feather like Scale that gives the Grypemos the illusion of having feathers.||High Rank and Above|
|Grypemos Plumescale||A High Quality Scale that is easy to mistake for a feather at first||G-Rank only|
|Grypemos Bravegem||A Gem from inside the Grypemos that is said to be a symbol of the creature's bravery. Glows with a Silver aura.||High rank and above|
|Grypemos Lrg Bravegem||A Large Gem from inside the Grypemos that is said to be a symbol of the creature's bravery. Glows with a Silver aura.||G-Rank only|
Interactions with the Frenzy
Grypemos can succumb to the Frenzy. It is not known if it can go Apex, however....
Grypemos can be encountered in the Hyper State in High and G-Rank.
Notes and Trivia
- It's sources of inspiration were Griffons, Harpy Eagles, Lions, and Great White Sharks.
- The Great White Shark part was the source for the creature's metabolism, since the Great White Shark can keep it's body temperature at least one degree warmer than the surrounding colder waters.
- They are a "Symbolic Monster of Bravery" in Revalius.
- It's Front Claws can be broken, it;s back scarred, it's face wounded twice, and it's tail severed.
- Credits to Chaoarren for finding a good theme.
- Tigrex Hunter for the Currently used (and awesome) render.
Fan Game Appearances
|Quest for the Brave Lv Lv 9 (High Rank)|
To be added.....