Goravior resembles a member of the genus Vipera, more commonly known as viper snakes. It has maroon scales on its dorsal side, a brick red underbelly, golden eyes with slit pupils, and crests that glow orange with heat absorbed from the sun. Also, their necks have five orange stripes on each side, and the end of its tail is equipped with a hatchet-like crest. Another notable feature of the Goravior is that the ends of scales glow when exposed to sunlight.
The Goravior is extremely solitary, and to see more than one in the same area is quite rare. This is because Goravior respect one another's territory. Another note is that these animals spend almost 80% of their day sunbathing to build up body heat in their crests to keep them warm during the night. However, this is not the only purpose of this creature's crest; Goravior are capable of using this heat in combat, even to the point of creating flames. Because of this, they are sometimes the reason for forest fires.
- Strike: The Goravior flickers its tongue, before it strikes once at a hunter. (50% chance of inflicting Poison)
- Firestrike: The Goravior flickers its tongue, builds up heat in its mouth, and strikes with flaming fangs. (Inflicts Fireblight, 50% chance of inflicting Poison)
- Double Strike: Like Najarala, the Goravior attempts to bite at the hunter twice, the second time leaving it open to attacks. (70% chance to inflict Poison)
- Tail Slap: The snake flicks its tail at a hunter, knocking them away.
- Roar: The snake lets out a mighty roar, stunning hunters without Earplugs.
- Axetail Slam: The Goravior slams its axe-like tail crest into the ground. (Inflicts Fireblight, Instant Stun)
- Roll: The Goravior rolls to the left or to the right, evading attacks and hurting anything in the way.
- Slitherbite: The Goravior slithers forward, biting at whatever is in front of it twice. (50% of inflicting Poison)
- Fireball Charge: The snake hisses, slithering forwards while shooting fireballs to either side of itself. (Inflicts Fireblight)
- Fireball: The wyvern heaves a fireball at a hunter. (Inflicts Fireblight)
- Triple Fireball: The Goravior shoots three fireballs, not unlike Rathian. (Inflicts Fireblight)
- Fire Beam: The Goravior charges up its crest and unleashes a massive, flaming beam of heat from its maw. (Inflicts Fireblight)
- Sun Razor: The Goravior raises its tail crest into the sky, letting it charge up with sunlight, before it slams it into the ground, causing a massive explosion of fire. (Inflicts Fireblight, Instant Stun)
Rage and Tired States
- The Goravior huffs flames from its nostrils, and its crests glow brightly.
- The Goravior drools and its crests do not glow as brightly.
Same mount animation as Najarala.
- Head (1): The crest of the snake is chipped in some areas.
- Head (2): The crest of the snake is chipped in several places, and the right fang is broken off. Also, scars litter the Goravior's face.
- Back: The three dorsal crests of the Goravior are broken or chipped.
- Tail Break: The Goravior's tail crest is broken or chipped.
- Goravior was technically Ailuromancy's first monster ever made on the old wiki.
- Goravior used to be in a fan-made class called Serpents before Snake Wyverns were canon.