Mature male Gammoth have dark reddish-brown fur, fringed with silver and white where females are red. This fur is actually silver with age, and denotes maturity. The males' facial plating is also distinctively spikier than the females', and runs down the length of its truck. The males also have larger and sharper tusks, which point forward rather than curl upward.
The Gammoth Patriarch possesses all the moves of Gammoth, with some variations.
- Chained Trunk Smash: The Gammoth Patriarch can slam its trunk up to three times, slightly readjusting itself with every strike.
- Plowing Charge: The Gammoth Patriarch lowers its head then charges forward, plowing aside snow. This snow inflicts Snowman. At the end of its charge or upon hitting an enemy, the Gammoth Patriarch jerks its head skyward, launching foes into the air.
- Hindleg Smash: The Gammoth Patriarch briefly rears on its forelegs, then smashes down its hindlegs.
- Hindleg Stomp: The Gammoth Patriarch stomps one of its hindlegs, trying to get at flanking enemies.
- Tail Sweep: The Gammoth Patriarch sweeps its tail left and right, brushing enemies away from its hindlegs.
|A mature male Gamoth, some of whose hair has gone silver with age. No larger than the female, but certainly more aggressive and built for combat. They preside over a large territory, protecting all the females and calves therein.|
- The Gammoth Patriarch's appearance was inspired by the confirmation that all the Gammoth fought in Monster Hunter Generations are actually female, and by Gammoth concept art that depicts a Gammoth with spikier facial plating and brown fur.
- Part of the Gammoth Patriarch's inspiration came from the notion of making a harder Gammoth. Whenever I saw videos of the Gammoth, people pretty much avoided most of its attacks by keeping to its hindlegs. It didn't seem right that a flagship monster be evaded so easily, or that exciting; hence the expanded moveset.