Fulguirus (フルギラス, Furugirasu) is a Neopteron.
Fulguirus has a tan-colored exoskeleton with dark red stripes running along the creature's length, starting at the thorax. Its head is a lighter red with knobbed zigzagging antennae. The limbs are black with red joints. Fulguirus's most notable feature is its large abdomen. Its abdomen is shaped like a lightbulb and is nearly twice the size of its head and thorax put together, and the back half of the abdomen is clear and translucent, similar to glass. It has jagged mandibles and black compound eyes.
Fulguirus produces a special chemical in its abdomen that emits light. This glow is yellow in color. The chemical is also very conductive of electricity, and with it Fulguirus can shoot a beam of electricity from its abdomen.
Fulguirus is omnivorous. Though mostly predatory, it will occasionally eat pollen, nectar, and honey. It seems to have a symbiotic relationship with Zinogre, which is fitting considering the Fanged Wyvern's relationship with Fulgurbugs.
Fulguirus can be found within the Ancient Forest, Sunken Hollow, and Swamp.
- Female are larviform and do not undergo complete metamorphosis. All Fulguirus hunters are sent to hunt are male.
- When it Rage Mode Fulguirus's eyes turn yellow.
- Fulguirus can emit a blinding flash of light similar to Gypceros.
- Its antennae and abdomen can be broken.
- When low on stamina it will fail to flash hunters and shoot its electric beam. To regain stamina it will eat from a carcass.
- Fulguirus is based off of fireflies and its name comes from the Latin word for lightning, fulgur.