Aquarequs (アクエリエクウス, Akueriekuusu) is an Elder Dragon.
Aquarequs is a quadrupedal Elder Dragon resembling a horse. Its hide is a blue-gray color with silver patterns resembling waves. The wings are similar to that of fish fins but are perfectly capable of flight. The legs end with three-toed hooves. It has a long, two-lobed, whale-like tail. A fin runs down the creature's spine and has smaller fins on each leg.
Aquarequs can generate powerful waves to crash into attackers through their legs. They can gather moisture from the air to create watery projectiles to drench attackers.
Aquarequs are very rare and elusive Elder Dragons so not much is known about their behavior. However, the few Hunters who have fought and taken down this beast have reported that Aquarequs appear to be relatively peaceful and passive creatures until provoked. Then they become very aggressive and relentless, attacking Hunters without let up.
Aquarequs can be found in the Deserted Island, Flooded Forest, and the Primal Forest.
- Aquarequs's name is derived from the words "Aquarius" and "Equus". Aquarius is the eleventh astrological sign in the Zodiac, originating from the constellation Aquarius. Equus is the genus name for horses. It may also involve "aqua."
- Aquarequs shares some of its attacks with Kirin.
- Aquarequs's design motif was the water horse cryptid and the hippocampus (sea horse) from Greek mythology.
- Its head and wings can be broken. The tail can only be severed once it has been brought down to 30% or less of its health.
- Aquarequs's roar requires Earplugs to block.