Agharyvos (シャナグス Shanagusu) is an aggressive species of Piscine Wyvern which can be found inhabiting tropical regions.
Agharyvos has a body structure which is similar to that of Plesioth, but with noticeable differences. Agharyvos' head is much flatter than that of Plesioth and is rounded at the sides, looking like the mix of the head of an alligator gar and a snakehead. Its fins are more rounded than those of Plesioth and it's more muscular than Plesioth. Agharyvos' body is primarily olive green in terms of color with a platinum grey underside. Its fins have chestnut brown accents while the membranes itself are a buff yellow-brown in terms of color. Its eyes are amber colored.
Unlike many other Piscine Wyverns, Agharyvos are incredibly aggressive and territorial. They've been known to attack trespassers of their territory with incredible aggression and ferocity even staying out of the water for extended periods of time to get rid of the foe, unlike other Piscine Wyverns.
Placement in Food Chain
Agharyvos are found located at the top of the food chain in the environments they're found inhabiting due to their high aggression, strength and adaptations.
Behavior towards Other Monsters
Agharyvos are incredibly aggressive when it comes to other monsters as it will very quickly attack small monsters sometimes even when they aren't close to it.
Agharyvos has a bunch of tracks it can leave behind. These tracks include "Wet Prints", which can be found on the ground, "Olive Scales", which can be found on the ground, and "Green Spit", which can be found on the ground or walls.
Specific Locale Interactions
Agharyvos has a specific locale interaction like other Piscine Wyverns, it can leap into the water in areas and locales with large amounts of water. Unlike other Piscine Wyverns, it won't do this as often.
Agharyvos doesn't have any special behaviors.
- Location: Flooded Forest
- Synopsis: As the hunter enters Area 4 of the Flooded Forest, they notice several Slagtoth in the area running towards them and then going past them. The hunter then looks back and sees a bunch of Ludroth running towards them and at first the hunter thinks they're going to get attacked by the Ludroth, but the Ludroth just run past the hunter, almost as if they're afraid of something. The hunter then looks back as it sees something leap out of the water and quickly slide towards them. The hunter leaps out of the way before the thing can hit them and as they look back they see the thing running towards them at which point they realize it's the Piscine Wyvern, Agharyvos. The Agharyvos tries to chomp down on to the hunter, but they manage to barely dodge out of the way. The hunter quickly readies themselves as the Agharyvos roars at the hunter, starting the hunt.
- Location: Misty Peaks
- Synopsis: The cutscene begins by showing a bunch of Felynes and Melynxes fishing on the shore of the river as a small boat with some fishing Felynes and Melynxes passes by. The two groups wave to each other before the group on shore notices something in the water swimming towards the small boat. The group leaps up and points towards the thing, but the group on the boat don't seem to realize what the other group is trying to tell them. Suddenly, the thing leaps up from under the boat and knocks it into the air, breaking it as the camera is now above the launched boat, revealing the thing to be an Agharyvos. The Piscine Wyvern tries to clamp its jaws down onto the Lynians, but they manage to get out of the way of its jaws and fall back into the water, followed by the Agharyvos falling into the water. This sends the Lynians closer towards the shore, but they still quickly try to swim towards shore as the Agharyvos chases after them. The Lynians on shore ready a large barrel bomb which they throw at the Agharyvos when it leaps out of the water to try and bite the Lynians as it and the swimming Lynians reach the shore. This causes it to bite the barrel bomb, causing a large explosion which makes the Agharyvos go back into the water and the Lynians quickly run away. The cutscene then slowly starts ending and the screen turning to black.
Agharyvos is a large Piscine Wyvern which is more of an adept land fighter than other Piscine Wyverns, allowing it to use its weight and strength more effectively on land. It's still a rather effective swimmer, allowing it to be agile and deadly under water. Agharyvos is also capable of spitting out streams of water in a less pressurized form than Plesioth. However, it's also capable of spitting out two kinds of liquids towards foes, one of which is grey in color and is capable of causing Defense Down, and one which is green in color and is capable of causing Fatigue.
Rage and Tired States
- Rage State: When Agharyvos becomes enraged, it will start huffing out black stream from its mouth and it will also get red glowing markings around its face together with its eyes turning red. Like Khezu or Tigrex, Agharyvos will also be in a "constant rage state" where if it's out of rage mode, one hit could cause it to become enraged again.
- Tired State: When Agharyvos becomes tired, it will start drooling. It will also fall over after doing some of its physical attacks and it will sometimes fail doing its elemental or ailment attacks.
Frenzy, Apex, Hyper and Tempered
Agharyvos is capable of being affected by the Frenzy Virus and thus becoming Frenzied. Agharyvos are also capable of attaining the Apex State. Agharyvos have also been found in the Hyper and Tempered States.
Agharyvos that have become Frenzied are even more aggressive than usual, causing them to attack almost constantly, but this tires them out too which causes it to stand still for a while. Its water elemental attacks also have a chance of causing Frenzy. They also have the usual changes of a Frenzied monster.
Tempered Agharyvos are considered Threat Lv2 Tempered Monsters and have the usual changes of a Tempered monster.
Hyper Agharyvos have the usual changes of a monster in the Hyper State.
Apex Agharyvos have the usual changes of a monster in the Apex State.
Agharyvos can be mounted in three places: its head, its back and its tail.
When Agharyvos is mounted on its head, the hunter will be located on its neck right next to the head. The Agharyvos will try to get hunters off by violently shaking its head or by slamming it into the walls of an area.
When Agharyvos is mounted on its back, the hunter will be located in front of the fin on its back. The Agharyvos will try to get hunters off by violently shaking its body, by slamming itself into the walls of an area or by rolling over the ground.
When Agharyvos is mounted on its tail, the hunter will be located at the base of the tail. The Agharyvos will try to get hunters off by violently shaking its tail or by slamming it into the walls of an area.
- Order: Piscine Wyvern
- Suborder: Fish Feet Wyvern
- Superfamily: Tropics Wyvern
- Family: Agharyvos
Agharyvos have generally been found inhabiting tropical regions, but also some more temperate regions. Regions that have been found to be inhabited by Agharyvos include the Old Jungle, Jungle, Great Forest, Flooded Forest, Misty Peaks, Jurassic Frontier, Ancient Forest, Tide Island, Primeval Coastline, Broken Archipelago, Phantom Tropics and Ruined Temple.
Agharyvos occup a high position on the food chain due to their large size, strength and aggression. This means it can easily prey upon small monsters like Aptonoth, Kelbi, Bullfango, Conga, Genprey, Mosswine, Epioth and Ludroth. Prey of the larger variety can include the likes of Arzuros, Bulldrome, Great Jaggi, Qurupeco, Tetsucabra and Yian Kut-Ku. It's thought Agharyvos will even occasionally prey on monsters as large and strong as the likes of Congalala, Malfestio, Gogomoa and Shogun Ceanataur.
Agharyvos have to compete with many other large strong monsters like Sicarapax, Ferrumos, Wyesperos, Voluron, Lumeterre, Luxacolios and Konxusakan. But due to the Agharyvos' incredible aggression, it's usually the one that starts these fights and due to its incredible physical strength combined with its aggression, it's also often capable of driving its competitors away.
Despite the Agharyvos' strength and aggression however, it has to worry about predation from powerful monsters. These include Elder Dragon-level monsters, like Flurreligar and Tsunami Voluron, powerful Deviants, like Tidecaller Voluron and Burninghaze Azure Rathalos, and the occasional Elder Dragon. But, the Agharyvos will make sure to never go down without a fight due to its aggression.
Agharyvos doesn't possess gills like Plesioth and instead possesses lungs, thus needing to get out of the water to get air. Furthermore like Plesioth, they're also capable of breathing through their skins like an amphibian or sea snake. Agharyvos possess large and powerful jaws which, when used in conjunction with their large muscles, allow them to easily crush their prey's bones and shells. Agharyvos have also adapted to be more adept at living on land than their distant relatives, Plesioth, which also allows them to use their larger muscle mass more effectively in combat. Agharyvos are also capable of spitting out a stream of water towards foes and are also capable of creating two kinds of special liquids inside organs in their bodies. These liquids are either grey or green in color and are capable of weakening its foe's defenses while the other can quickly cause the foe to become fatigued. This allows them to easily take down their prey.
Agharyvos are incredibly aggressive Piscine Wyverns which can be commonly found patrolling their territory on land. These Piscine Wyverns are sometimes even considered a danger to the ecosystem they inhabit due to their incredible aggression, similar to the likes of Astalos or Wyesperos.
Interactions with Other Monsters
Low Tier Large Monsters
High Tier Large Monsters
- Roar: Agharyvos will roar towards hunters in a similar manner to Plesioth.
- Bite: Agharyvos will try to bite a hunter which can knock them down.
- Downwards Bites: Agharyvos will do movements similar to Yian Garuga pecking, but instead it will be biting and will do it slower. This attack can knock hunters down.
- Sideways Bite: Agharyvos will bite towards its side in a similar fashion to Rathian which can knock hunters down.
- Water Shot: Agharyvos will shoot a blast of water towards a hunter which can knock them down and can cause Waterblight.
- Liquid Shot: Agharyvos will lean to the left or right and will then shoot a blast of liquid towards a hunter. Depending on which side the Agharyvos leaned towards, the blast will either be grey or green respectively. The grey blast of liquid can knock hunters down and cause Defense Down and the green blast of liquid can knock hunters down and cause Fatigue.
- Water Beam: Agharyvos will rear up and shoot a stream of water towards a hunter which can knock them away and cause Waterblight.
- Swim: Agharyvos will quickly swim towards a hunter and try to slam itself into them which can knock them away.
- Pin: Agharyvos will first chomp towards a hunter which will lead into its pin in a similar fashion to Deviljho. Its pins animation is also similar to that of Deviljho.
- Tail Swipe: Agharyvos will swipe its large tail towards hunters which can knock them down.
- Run: Agharyvos will run towards a hunter which can knock them down.
- Stomp: Agharyvos will try to stomp either of its legs down onto a hunter which can knock them down.
- Leap: Agharyvos will leap towards a hunter and try to land on top of them which can knock them away.
- Slide: Agharyvos will slide towards a hunter and try to hit them with its body which can knock them away.
- Hipcheck: Agharyvos will try to slam the side of its body into a hunter which can knock them away.
- Spin: Agharyvos will get down and then do a quick spin in place which can knock hunters down.
- Head Upswing: Agharyvos will swing its head upwards at a hunter which can knock them upwards.
- Bite Combo: Agharyvos will first do a Sideways Bite from the right then it will do a Sideways Bite from the left and then finally it will do a Downwards Bite at a hunter.
- Swimming Bites: Agharyvos will quickly swim towards a hunter and will then do several bites towards hunters which can knock them away.
- Swimming Bite: Agharyvos will quickly swim towards a hunter and will then do a quick Sideways Bite at the end which can knock hunters away.
- Leaping Bites: Agharyvos will leap towards a hunter and will then move in a similar motion to Yian Garuga pecking, but instead it will be biting and it will do it slower. This attack can knock hunters away.
- Sliding Bites: Agharyvos will slide towards a hunter and will then quickly get back up and move in a similar motion to Yian Garuga pecking, but instead it will be biting and it will do it slower. This attack can knock hunters away.
- Running Bite: Agharyvos will run towards a hunter and will then do a quick Sideways Bite at the end which can knock hunters away.
- Body Slam: Agharyvos will leap towards a hunter and will then quickly throw itself down to the ground, trying to slam itself down onto a hunter. This attack can knock hunters away and will cause Tremors which require Tremor Res +1 to block.
- Spinning Body Slam: Agharyvos will start sliding in a circle around a hunter, similarly to Najarala. After spinning around for a short while it will leap into the air and try to slam itself down onto a hunter. This attack can knock hunters away and will cause Tremors which require Tremor Res +1 to block.
- Triple Water Shot: Agharyvos will rear up and then shoot three water blasts towards hunters which can knock them down and cause Waterblight.
- Lunging Bite: Agharyvos will lean back and then lunge towards a hunter while trying to bite them which can knock them down.
- Liquid Stream: Agharyvos will start shooting out a stream of either grey or green liquid towards hunters which will either leave a pool on the ground or a small cloud in the water. If hunters are hit directly they can get knocked away and be either afflicted with Defense Down for grey liquid or Fatigue for green liquid. If hunters walk or swim into the pool or cloud, they can get knocked back and be afflicted with either Defense Down for grey liquid or Fatigue for green liquid.
- Sweeping Water Beam: Agharyvos will rear up and shoot a beam of water while also sweeping it across the area. This attack can knock hunters away and might cause Waterblight.
No new attacks.
- Small Monster Chomp: Agharyvos will grab a small monster with its jaws after which it can do a bunch of attacks with the small monster.
- Small Monster Swing: Agharyvos will swing the small monster and a hunter which can knock them away.
- Small Monster Slam: Agharyvos will try to slam the small monster down onto a hunter which can knock them away.
- Small Monster Throw: Agharyvos will throw the small monster towards a hunter which can knock them away.
- Big Stomp: Agharyvos will lift either of its legs high up and will then stomp down with it which can knock hunters away and will cause Tremors which require Tremor Res +1 to block.
- Crunch: Agharyvos will rear back while opening its jaws at the same time. Agharyvos will then quickly do a huge bite forwards which will also be visualized by the fact it will have several sparks come from its jaws. This attack can send hunters flying away.
No new attacks.
- Hunter Kick: Agharyvos will try to stomp down onto a hunter after which it will kick the hunter it has stomped onto towards another hunter. This attack can knock the hunters away that get hit by the other hunter.
- Stomping Run: Agharyvos will run towards a hunter while also stomping on the ground heavily, causing several quakes as it goes, but it will be moving slower. This attack can knock hunters away and will cause Tremors which require Tremor Res +1 to block.
- Note: Agharyvos is now capable of using its Low Rank Enraged attacks when not enraged.
- Tornado Spin: Agharyvos will get down low to the ground or crouch down and then quickly spin towards hunters. This attack can knock hunters away.
- Spinning Crunch: Agharyvos will first do a Sideways Bite towards a hunter, but will keep following the bite until it turns back towards the hunter and immediately leads into a Crunch. This attack can send hunters flying away.
No new attacks.
No new attacks.
No new attacks.
No new attacks.
- Big Monster Kick: Agharyvos will kick a large monster like Great Jaggi or Kulu-Ya-Ku towards hunters which can also break rocks and small trees. This attack can send hunters flying away.
Breakable Parts and Shiny Drops
- Head(1): Agharyvos' head will have scars on it.
- Head(2): Agharyvos' head will have more scars on it and some of its teeth will be missing.
- Wings: Either of Agharyvos' wings will have scars on it and the membrane will be damaged.
- Back: The fin on the back of the Agharyvos will be damaged.
- Tail(1): Agharyvos' tail will be damaged.
- Tail(2): Part of the Agharyvos' tail will be severed.
Shiny Item Drops
- Agharyvos can drop an Agharyvos Scale/Scale+/Shard with the first break on its head and the first break on its tail.
- Agharyvos can drop an Agharyvos Fang/Fang+/Razorfang with the second break on its head.
- Agharyvos can drop an Agharyvos Webbing/Webbing+/Membrane with the breaks on both its wings and the first break on its tail.
- Agharyvos can drop an Agharyvos Fin/Fin+/Grandfin with the break on its back.
When Agharyvos receives a high damage impact, it can drop Thorn Pods.
Skills: Attack Up (S), Intimidator (Lv. 1), Raise Hunger
Skills: Attack Up (S), Intimidator (Lv. 1), Raise Hunger
- Agharyvos' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Agharyvos' back fin can be broken by hitting its belly.
- Like Plesioth, a Sonic Bomb or Screamer Pod can be used to get Agharyvos out of the water, but it will also cause it to enter its Rage Mode even when near death.
- When Agharyvos is tired, it will try to find a carcass and eat from it to regain Stamina.
- Agharyvos is based on the alligator gar and the northern snakehead.
- The Japanese name for Agharyvos is based on the scientific name for the northern snakehead, Channa argus.
- TheElusiveOne: For making the icon.
- Rathalosaurus rioreurensis: For helping with the final weapon names.